Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 24

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I don't know if i am counting the days right. I figure the count goes on even when I don't get treated.

Today I took my sister Amanda to Chemo with me. When they tapped my port it took them one time. Then they drew blood. Amanda and I joked and talked as the blood was being analyzed.

When finally the blood came back. My overall white blood count had gone from 300 on monday to 500 today. So that's optimistic. However, they want it at 1000. So no chemo today either. They decided to give me a shot of Neupogen. Neupogen is a drug that stimulates the growth of white blood cells in bone marrow. It affects the flat bones: scapula, pelvis, sternum, etc. They suggested that I get some Claritin for the aches that it will cause.

I think Amanda was a little stunned by the whole situation, it made it less of a blog at that point and more of a reality. Though i'm sure it would do that for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment